Photobucket>

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Sponsors + a Teen!

Photobucket

First of all, I apologize for the delay - life's a little crazy right now and I've been out of town celebrating my grandma's 80 great years with 26 family members! A few weekends ago I headed out for my double-dose of the LIRR – once to Hewlett and once to Cedarhurst. The first outing was Saturday to visit some of our sponsors. At Menekshe Boutique, I met Sharon and Judy and her adorable son! The dress store has been a great sponsor of Miss Jubilee for the past few years, offering gowns and cocktail dresses for the Miss NY week. I found a summer cocktail dress - coming June 2009! Judy also helped measure me for my custom evening gown and we awkwardly recreated the moment her in this photo :) After that we headed over to Elizabeth Drucker Skin Care Salon and Day Spa, who is our sponsor for make-up and hair consultation. I look forward to my consult soon - and perhaps a facial!

I headed back to the city for a fantastic night of fun with new Miss NY friends and then it was back out to LI in the morning. Sunday marks the day of the new addition to the Miss Jubilee family - Nirvanna Lildharrie, Miss Jubilee Outstanding Teen 2009! We had a small luncheon of family and friends at La Viola, also one of our sponsors, to crown and honor Nirvanna. She's full of energy and enthusiasm and will be a wonderful asset to not only the Miss Jubilee program, but also the Miss NY Organization! The Outstanding Teen program really is a fantastic addition to the Miss America Organization and I love the friendships that grow from the Miss/Teen interaction and involvement. It truly is an opportunity to be a role model and have a direct influence on someone's life. Congratulations, Nirvanna!

A FEW PHOTOS HERE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home