Photobucket>

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The vote is coming soon!

The vote on Marriage Equality is coming to the NY Senate VERY soon. I just received this message from the Human Rights Campaign and I urge you to copy the link below and send a message to your Senator. If EVERYONE who reads my blog sends their letters to their Senators, I realize that I will only make a difference of about 7, however, every letter counts. If you're a Manhattan-ite, you can thank your Senators because they are in support of Marriage Equality (duh.). So please, send this on and in the mean time, cross every finger, toe, etc that is cross-able that New York joins the states that are just and equal.
_____________________________

Hi,

I just read about the bill that would allow same-sex couples to marry in New York, and I thought I'd write you. This issue is really important to me, and I'm hoping you'll take a minute to ask your NY state senator to support the bill.

The state Senate is going to vote on it soon, and Governor Paterson has vowed to sign it. But a handful of senators are still sitting on the fence, and yours might be one of them. Even if your state senator supports marriage equality, it is important that they hear from constituents that they are doing the right thing – opponents of marriage equality are trying to convince them otherwise.

Will you tell your state senator to vote YES on marriage equality? Here's a link to an action page with a pre-written message – simply enter your name and address and click "send message," and an email goes to your state senator automatically:

http://www.hrcactioncenter.org/campaign/nysenatemarriage?source=200906_adv_ny_taf

If you want to make even more of a difference, you can call your state senator at 518-455-2800.

And be sure to send this to everyone else you know in New York.

Thank you so much for your support!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home